Re: fork expert needed: (was Re: pthreads update for the adventurous)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Faylor" <>
To: <>
Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2001 12:31 PM
Subject: Re: fork expert needed: (was Re: pthreads update for the

> On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 04:49:43PM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:

Oh. Well I infer that it only occurs with threads enabled in python, or
Jason wouldn't be telling us. Any hints Chris for possible races/locks
that might prevent the child doing the relocation if the parent has
active threads ? (We could look at just suspending all the other
threads, but that is definately non-posix behaviour (timers would be
missed etc).

I'm off to dream up some directions for Jason et al to tweak the code as
test cases..

Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: