This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: DSP support (Kernel Development)
- To: "Kuphal Kevin-AKK012" <Kevin dot Kuphal at motorola dot com>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Subject: Re: DSP support (Kernel Development)
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 23:54:43 +1000
- References: <CE81DD7D4A66D411BBFB0008C791361CB25E0A@il28exm01.Mims.mot.com>
If you look in the cygwin-patches list archives, about a week ago
/dev/dsp was submitted, with some neat features (ie from memory, cp
foo.wav /dev/dsp plays it).
As for dsound.h, we cannot simply copy the Microsoft header. It needs to
be recreated. I think the previsou submitted used non-dsound media
interfaces... have a look anyway.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Kuphal Kevin-AKK012" <Kevin.Kuphal@motorola.com>
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2001 11:51 PM
Subject: DSP support (Kernel Development)
> I had a couple questions for the list:
> 1. Is anyone working on adding /dev/dsp support to the CYGWIN DLL?
If so, please contact me. I have a DirectSound player working in code
and I am about to begin coding into the DLL if no one else has gotten
> 2. I've had to include dsound.h (obviously) to compile the code. Are
there any issues with this being added to the include directory for
> I think that's all for now. Thanks!
> Kevin Kuphal
> Want to unsubscribe from this list?
> Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple