This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: One last xfree question: funny monitor dependant patterns
- To: Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Subject: Re: One last xfree question: funny monitor dependant patterns
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 11:28:08 -0400
- Cc: nzanella at cs dot mun dot ca
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
- Reply-To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
THIS IS THE WRONG MAILING LIST FOR X QUESTIONS.
On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 05:53:08AM -0230, Neil Zanella wrote:
>I have one last xfree question. Under Linux I have to choose the X
>server I am need so that it matches the hardware but under cygwin there
>is just one executable called XWin.exe. How does it know what video
>card I have?I I ask for the following reason: when I run the X server
>the background does not look as nice as the windows 2k background: let
>me explain: I am using SAMSUNG SyncMaster 700NF monitor (a flat CRT)
>with a 3dfx voodoo3 card. I see some funny wave like patterns behind
>the gray pattern when I launch X Windows. These patterns are the same
>as those I see (and I assume other users would see them too) when I
>click Start, Shutdown (you need a fairly light background to see them
>and they only appear after clicking Shutdown). How can we keep the
>patterns from showing up?
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple