This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: What's a good stable snapshot DLL?
- To: "'Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)'" <lhall at rfk dot com>, "'cygwin at cygwin dot com'" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Subject: RE: What's a good stable snapshot DLL?
- From: Troy Noble <troy dot noble at channelpoint dot com>
- Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 11:35:01 -0600
This is probably a FAQ. Are the cygwin1.dll snapshots generated
with debug symbols such that I'll get more information in my Dr Watson
reports? If not, do I need to build my own with VC++ 6.0 such that I
can pull up the debugger when (if) I get the access violations?
Thanks for the information. Troy
From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2001 9:33 AM
To: Troy Noble; 'firstname.lastname@example.org'
Subject: Re: What's a good stable snapshot DLL?
At 10:45 AM 4/16/2001, Troy Noble wrote:
>Am having some relatively frequent Dr. Watson dialogs on Win2K and NT 4
>Access Violations. Using 1.1.8-2 version of the DLL from a "cygwin/latest"
>It's seems to happen in all sorts of places... echo.exe, make.exe,
>basepath.exe. Seems to be somewhat random, in other words I can't
>it the same way twice. And it only seems to occur on machines where I have
>cygwin on the d: drive instead of the c: drive.
>So am willing to try a snapshot of the DLL as is frequently suggested on
>My question is, what is a good stable version I can try (looking for
>possible). Saw one reference to
>but that seems awfully recent. Is it generally safe using ones that recent
>that these are built off of developer sources almost daily?
Snapshots are not generally considered stable. They are works in progress.
If submissions build, a new snapshot is created. If not, there's no
snapshot. Whether they "work" or not is determined by those that run them.
If you intend to try/use a snapshot, you should:
1. Backup any previous DLL/environment you have that you may want to fall
2. Be willing to try a few to see if they help solve your problems
3. Report the results of (2).
4. Preferably be willing to help debug issues you find.
Larry Hall email@example.com
RFK Partners, Inc. http://www.rfk.com
118 Washington Street (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
Holliston, MA 01746 (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple