This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Missing X-server?
- To: Hans van Zijst <hvanzijst at yahoo dot co dot uk>
- Subject: Re: Missing X-server?
- From: "Charles S. Wilson" <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 09:44:45 -0400
- CC: cygwin at cygwin dot com, cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- References: <email@example.com>
Hans van Zijst wrote:
> I seem to be missing the one thing I need most: the
> X-server in Cygwin. The documentation talks about
> /usr/X11R6/bin/startxwin.bat but that's one file I
> don't have. I don't even have /usr/X11R6. Am I doing
> something wrong, or did something go wrong in the
XFree86 client libraries and the Xserver are not part of the standard
cygwin setup. This is because they are still a work-in-progress and
aren't yet ready for official inclusion. The development and porting of
XFree86 on cygwin is supported by a separate mailing list, website, and
download location. See http://www.cygwin.com/xfree/ for more
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple