This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: dumper.exe doesn't work
- To: "Reinhard JESSICH" <Reinhard dot JESSICH at frequentis dot com>
- Subject: Re: dumper.exe doesn't work
- From: egor duda <deo at logos-m dot ru>
- Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 20:20:24 +0400
- CC: cygwin at sources dot redhat dot com, reinhard dot jessich at telering dot at
- Organization: deo
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-To: egor duda <cygwin at sources dot redhat dot com>
Wednesday, 18 April, 2001 Reinhard JESSICH Reinhard.JESSICH@frequentis.com wrote:
RJ> I have compiled dumper.exe with the latest cygnus environment
RJ> I have used the snapshot of gdb insight (2001-04-18) and the dumper sources
RJ> from winsup/util from the cygwin-1.1.8-2-src.tar.gz package.
RJ> The libbdf.a was from the gdb package.
RJ> I got a core dump from dumper, but as I tried to read it with gdb I got a message,
RJ> that this is no core dump.
RJ> Please can you tell me whats wrong?
RJ> Have I used the wrong sources?
RJ> Is dumper not up to date. I mean hast the gdb core format changed since dumper
RJ> was written? If yes, is there a patch to update the dumper sources?
i don't think so. maybe gdb snapshots are built without cygwin core
dumps support? can you build gdb yourself and check? make sure that
configure finds sys/procfs.h and win32_pstatus_t in it.
can you run 'objdump --all corefile' and post results here?
Egor. mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org ICQ 5165414 FidoNet 2:5020/496.19
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple