This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: environment question: gdb and PWD
- To: "Craveiro, Marco" <Marco dot Craveiro at solvay dot com>
- Subject: Re: environment question: gdb and PWD
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 08:03:57 -0400
- CC: 'Corinna Vinschen' <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- References: <229D7C0FE0BED311A0E800805F0DD47176CB5B@wn01ex.wn.gb.solvay.com>
- Reply-To: Cygwin Users <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
"Craveiro, Marco" wrote:
> hello Corinna,
> thanks for your help. this is probably a newbie related problem... It
> appears it is to do with where I start gdb from: if I do it from bash it
> gives me all the environment variables, if I do it from emacs - with emacs
> starting from bash - PWD and a few others are missing but some are there.
> I'm using NT emacs.
The problem is that the NTEMACS isn't a Cygwin program and therefore
doesn't inherit the parent's environment. Gdb on the other hand does
inherit the parent processes environment but not the grand-parent's
environment. This isn't a bug with either gdb or Cygwin.
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple