This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: AW: DLL function with string result?
- To: Christian Lescher <christian at lescher dot de>
- Subject: Re: AW: DLL function with string result?
- From: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <lhall at rfk dot com>
- Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 14:14:42 -0400
- Cc: Lescher Christian <christian dot lescher at icn dot siemens dot de>, "'Andrew Markebo'" <flognat at flognat dot myip dot org>, Troy Noble <troy dot noble at channelpoint dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- References: <email@example.com><firstname.lastname@example.org>
At 02:12 PM 4/20/2001, Christian Lescher wrote:
>I found that in windowsx.h of cygwin/gcc there are the following functions defined:
>#define GlobalAllocPtr(flags,cb) (GlobalLock(GlobalAlloc((flags),(cb))))
>#define GlobalFreePtr(lp) (GlobalUnlockPtr(lp),(BOOL)GlobalFree(GlobalPtrHandle(lp)))
>May these functions also be used for copying a string? How must they be used? (Maybe this works also for string > 64 KB?!)
>Is this also a way for interworking of Borland and Visual?
These aren't Cygwin functions. They are Win32 functions. You'll probably
find all the information you're looking for about them if you check the
MSDN for documentation on these calls.
Larry Hall email@example.com
RFK Partners, Inc. http://www.rfk.com
118 Washington Street (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
Holliston, MA 01746 (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple