This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
How to install (Windows 2000)
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com,lkshepa at sandia dot gov
- Subject: How to install (Windows 2000)
- From: "Linda K. Shepard" <lkshepa at sandia dot gov>
- Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 13:58:10 -0600
- Organization: Sandia National Laboratories
I used cygwin all of the time on my Windows NT system here at work.
Yesterday, I got a new Windows 2000 PC and can't get my cgywin
capability to work. I use it to do Unix-like commands (ls, cat, etc.)
on my PC.
My questions are:
1) Will cygwin work on the 2000 OS?
2) How do I install it? I found a setup.exe but when I run it I seem to
get caught in a loop. It asks me to choose among
o Use IE5 Settings
o Direct Connection
o Use HTTP/FTP Proxy
I don't know what to select, so I was desperately using trial and
error. The next window says that it's downloading mirrors.lst but then
takes me back to that first setup window. That's the loop I'm talking
about. I looked all over your web page for step-by-step installation
instructions but can't find them. I'm sure they are there, I just don't
know where to look.
I hate to give up cygwin but need some direction on getting it back.
Can you help?
Sandia National Labs
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple