This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Building GCC
- To: Chris Telting <telting at sprynet dot com>
- Subject: Re: Building GCC
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 09:35:58 -0400
- CC: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- References: <CIECIBEHKHKCIGOADKAOMEHLCIAA.email@example.com>
- Reply-To: Cygwin Users <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Chris Telting wrote:
> I'm trying to build gcc-2.95.2.
> I have gcc-2.95.2.tar.bz2 from gcc.gnu.org.
> I have gcc-2.95.2-x86-win32-patches.tar.gz.
> Patches were applied.
GCC doesn't build in the source directory. You should always try to
build in a build directory first.
../configure --prefix=/your/prefix ...
make check ;#(there will be something like 16 failures).
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple