This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Corinna pls read RE: Asynchronous DNS - gethostbyname_r
- To: <cygwin at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Subject: Corinna pls read RE: Asynchronous DNS - gethostbyname_r
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 09:17:27 +1000
- Thread-Index: AcBDidsUK8w6eKtcTaiB0xa8FO5CuyH+F3Sg
- Thread-Topic: Asynchronous DNS - gethostbyname_r
I'm not sure if I ever answered this.
Yes Squid does have an implementation of a resolver. Its recently had
file lookup capability added to it. It's not 1-1 to resolver (3), but
it's not far off.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Corinna Vinschen [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
> Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2000 9:28 AM
> To: cygwin
> Subject: Re: Asynchronous DNS - gethostbyname_r
> Robert Collins wrote:
> > Hi Dustin,
> > I'm not sure if this answers your question:
> > If you download the CVS head branch of squid 2.4 it has
> asynchronous calls
> > for cygwin already patched in the source. It also uses
> internal dns servers
> > so you don't get a dozen external process's.
> So does Squid have an implementation of the resolver(3) calls as
> part of the sources? That would be really interesting to extract
> as seperate library for porting several packages like e.g. sendmail.
> Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails
> regarding Cygwin to
> Cygwin Developer
> Red Hat, Inc.
> Want to unsubscribe from this list?
> Send a message to email@example.com
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple