Re: tramp on NT emacs

Keith Amidon <> writes:

> Inspired by Mark, I've been poking around trying to get tramp working
> on nt-emacs 20.7 with the Cygwin ssh port.  I'm really
> close. Hopefully someone knows what needs to be done to take this the
> rest of the way.

I've got a quick synopsis of what I've done to attempt to get
tramp working up at <>.

Though I don't say so on that page, I'm getting the following
in my *Messages* buffer:

    Couldn't find exit status of `ls -d "/home/mah/.bash_profile"'

when I try find-file on /tr@su:mah@mah:/home/mah/.bash_profile.

Looking through the debug buffer, it seems to be coming from the
following two lines:

    ls: tramp_exit_status 1
    / this file does not exist : No such file or directory

The results of the two commands in

    ls "/ this file does not exist"; echo tramp_exit_status $?

are being interpolated.

So, now I need some way to ensure that STDERR and STDOUT will
wait on each other.  Looking over the bash manpage, I can't see
any way to coerce it.

Ahhh... That's about it for me.  Anyone else?

		      ommnes exeunt in mysterium
		     All Things Lead into Mystery

Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: