This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: java on cygwin - it sort of works
- To: "Jeff Sturm" <jsturm at one-point dot com>,"Billinghurst, David \(CRTS\)" <David dot Billinghurst at riotinto dot com>
- Subject: Re: java on cygwin - it sort of works
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 07:46:17 +1000
- Cc: <java at gcc dot gnu dot org>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Sturm" <email@example.com>
To: "Billinghurst, David (CRTS)" <David.Billinghurst@riotinto.com>
Cc: <firstname.lastname@example.org>; <email@example.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2001 3:33 AM
Subject: Re: java on cygwin - it sort of works
> On Sun, 22 Apr 2001, Billinghurst, David (CRTS) wrote:
> > I have java working, after a fashion, on cygwin using cvs gcc 3.1
> > My part in the work was to ask a few stupid questions. There are
> > couple of configuration issues to solve.
> Great! Did you test the runtime at all? What configure options did
> need? Can you use the win32 threads port, or are you relying on
> pthreads layer?
We're using cygwin's updated pthread layer. Java will thus need cygwin
1.3.1 or better.
> > There is still a configuration/libtool problem. libgcj.la gets some
> > additional cruft in dependency_libs. At the moment I let the build
> > then edit libgcj.la like so.
> hmm... I didn't see anything in there that's obviously wrong. What
> the failure, exactly?
mingw was inlcuded as a library IIRC.
> Want to unsubscribe from this list?
> Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple