Re: CYGWIN file structure

Your request is so broad as to be hardly answerable.

For example, 'ls' is a utility distributed with cygwin that is often
used for examining filenames in a directory.

How about something like:

for IMG_FILE in $(ls image*.tif); do
  NEWFILE=$(echo $IMG_FILE | sed s/image/proc_image/ )
  process_image_binary -i $IMG_FILE -o $NEW_FILE
  rm $IMG_FILE
done

as a solution?
(Note that the above has typos or other bugs with probability
approaching 1.  These have been left in as an exercise for the student.)

I do recall some messages about accessing directory contents from C
code.  IIRC, the list of POSIX calls available under cygwin, available
from the cygwin website, included the apropriate item.  I'm a little
busy, myself, to search the archives right now...

Eric Monsler