This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Request to package maintainers
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: Request to package maintainers
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 20:07:20 -0400
- References: <0056910011659348000002L182*@MHS>
- Reply-To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 06:42:00PM -0500, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
>I would like to make a request of Cygwin's package maintainers: please
>leave the generated config.cache file in the source package.
>I suggest this to aid in rebuilding from source packages. As it is,
>those who want to rebuild there own binaries have no idea what config
>options were used in the standard cygwin build. The user who wants to
>rebuild the source with config option A may be losing the options X, Y
>and Z used in the original cygwin build.
1) The config.cache is not in the same directory as the sources
and may not be appropriate for other machines. If it was, then
we really wouldn't need configure at all.
2) I don't use any strange options besides setting the various
exec-prefix, etc., options. The options that are used have
been posted here many times.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple