Re: Cygwin service doesn't get NT shutdown notification

On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 06:15:03PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I assume that this problem actually has something to do with the way
> Cygwin handles signals and the way it traps things like "shutdown
> events".

That's one of my favorite hypotheses as well.

> Inspection of Cygwin code would probably be pretty enlightening in
> that regard.

I'm sorry to say that I spent several hours pouring over the source
for the cygwin package and couldn't find enlightenment.  I just don't
understand much of the Cygwin architecture.  If someone can steer me
in the right direction or give me something to focus on, I will
happily dive back into the code.

> It's possible that just setting a SIGHUP handler will be adequate to fix
> this problem.

That never occured to me as the IPC involved would seem to be of a
strictly Windows flavor.  None the less, it's an intriguing idea and
I'll give it a shot.

--
Fred Yankowski           fred@OntoSys.com      tel: +1.630.879.1312
Principal Consultant     www.OntoSys.com       fax: +1.630.879.1370