This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Some comments about the current release
- To: "'cygwin at cygwin dot com'" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Subject: Some comments about the current release
- From: Kern Sibbald <kern at sibbald dot com>
- Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 09:47:05 +0200
- Encoding: 38 TEXT
- Reply-To: "kern at sibbald dot com" <kern at sibbald dot com>
In loading the current Cygwin software (dll 1.3.1
and others), in addition to the cygwin1.dll performance
degradation, while loading the latest version of all
the other files, I ran into the following problems:
1. libm.a is missing. I copied it from my 1.1.5 release.
If it is no longer necessary, it would be a big
convenience if you would provide a null version so
that we don't have to modify all our Makefiles.
By the way, I don't know where my original libm.a
came from as it doesn't seem to be in the 1.1.5 release
2. gzip.exe was missing in gzip-1.3-1. This was
especially painful as without it tar does not
work. I copied it from my 1.1.5 release. I imagine
that it is normally a link to gunzip.exe, but just
the same it caused me problems. The gzip.tar.gz
that I picked up with Cygwin 1.1.5 did contain gzip.exe.
3. Thanks for adding pthreads support. It works! However,
it would be really nice if you provided a null
libpthreads.a library so that we don't have to modify all
4. I was including <winsock2.h> in a bunch of header files
in my .cpp programs which are strictly Windows (no Unix
stuff) and I got lots of warning messages, which were
annoying. In my case, I solved the problem by removing
the include of <winsock2.h> as it wasn't really needed,
but it seems to me that there is a problem here that
needs some attention.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple