RE: Some comments about the current release

Hello,

If your response is the "official" response, I feel
sorry for the Cygwin project as the performance problem
is not my specific problem but a problem in general.
The test results that I sent were for the execution
of ./configure, which does not run one line of my
code (though the precise sequence of calls is determined
by my configure.in).

Thanks for your advice about pthread_cancel(). I'll
stop using Cygwin pthreads, which will allow me to go back to
Cygwin 1.1.5 eliminating the performance penalty.

Regards,

Kern