This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Virus in Binutil
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: Virus in Binutil
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 12:24:57 -0400
- Cc: billsterner at earthlink dot net
- References: <3AEC331C.email@example.com>
- Reply-To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sun, Apr 29, 2001 at 11:28:28AM -0400, Bill Sterner wrote:
>My virus scan shows a virus in this download with your setup program
Your virus scanner is wrong. binutils-20010425-2.tar.gz was generated
on a linux system.
Where are you seeing this alleged virus? In the .tar.gz file itself? If
so, since the .tar.gz file is not executable, your virus scanner is clearly
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple