This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Python 2.1 can't find _tkinter.dll. Is there a solution?
- To: "'Dennis Wilson'" <lincwils at teleport dot com>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Subject: RE: Python 2.1 can't find _tkinter.dll. Is there a solution?
- From: "Norman Vine" <nhv at cape dot com>
- Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 19:15:35 -0400
- Reply-To: <nhv at cape dot com>
Dennis Wilson writes:
>The python statement:
>from Tkinter import *
>>>> from Tkinter import *
>Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "<stdin>", line 1 in ?
> File "/usr/lib/python2.1/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 35, in ?
> import _tkinter # if this fails your Python may not
>ImportError: No module named _tkinter
>I was wondering if there is a known fix for this?
The mailing list archives are your friend USE THEM
a simple archive search on 'tkinter' would have lead you to my
page which has instructions on building the tkinter extension
module with Cygwin
"Re: HELP: Python/Tkinter/Cygwin"
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple