This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin Python 2.1, Numeric package, exporting init<module> methods
- To: Mark Hadfield <m dot hadfield at niwa dot cri dot nz>
- Subject: Re: Cygwin Python 2.1, Numeric package, exporting init<module> methods
- From: Jason Tishler <Jason dot Tishler at dothill dot com>
- Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 10:36:16 -0400
- Cc: Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>, Robert Yodlowski <RYodlowski at Pirus dot com>
- Organization: Dot Hill Systems Corp.
- References: <007c01c0d0fd$ff878a30$d938a8c0@Hadfield>
On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 10:44:49AM +1200, Mark Hadfield wrote:
> As I said above, would like to have Numeric Python working on Cygwin Python
> OOTB. I'm not sure that it's reasonable to ask the maintainers to add the
> DL_EXPORT macro to all module init functions, so I guess the .def files are
> the way to go.
IMO, submitting a patch to the Numpy maintainers using the DL_EXPORT
macro approach is the way to go. This is the approach that I used
successfully for numerous standard Python modules. See the following
for Tim Peters assessment of this approach:
I have also successfully used this with the Python LDAP module:
Why don't you try the Numpy maintainers and see what they have to say?
Since they already support a Win32 port, I can't imagine much resistance
on their part.
Director, Software Engineering Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235
Dot Hill Systems Corp. Fax: +1 (732) 264-8798
82 Bethany Road, Suite 7 Email: Jason.Tishler@dothill.com
Hazlet, NJ 07730 USA WWW: http://www.dothill.com
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple