This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: sshd on win2k [revisit]
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: sshd on win2k [revisit]
- From: Dmitrii Pasechnik <dima at cs dot uu dot nl>
- Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 21:06:17 +0200 (MET DST)
On 30 Apr 2001, Harry Putnam wrote:
>Its been a while since I checked on the availability of packages that
>installs sshd on a win2k.
>Is it still amatter of tinkering or is there a package out that just
>installs it, and allows win2k to run a sshd daemon?
it is still quite far from automatic.
As you know, there are two separate problems there:
1) giving the right permissions to the users;
2) installing sshd as a service.
Regarding 2), I saw at least one GPL-ed program that happily
installs and manages itself as a service, etc, namely WinVNC
It most probably could be used as a code sample to build
such a thing for sshd.
Could be a nice project for a student, or for someone with a knowledge of
Win32 registry programming...
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple