This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problems with .EXE files overriding shell scripts in PATH.
- To: <sdelrio at home dot com>
- Subject: Re: Problems with .EXE files overriding shell scripts in PATH.
- From: "Mark Hadfield" <m dot hadfield at niwa dot cri dot nz>
- Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 09:08:36 +1200
- Cc: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Organization: NIWA
- References: <000001c0cdbb$9dbcabe0$01de6f0a@CSDR.CA> <3AEDBD10.190E17AD@yahoo.com>
> Sergio Del Rio wrote:
> > For the most part, all shell scripts that I have are found by bash if
> > are in the PATH.
> > I am trying to write a script that overrides an existing SQLPLUS.EXE
> > that is also in the path. I created a script called sqlplus and placed
> > into /usr/local/bin which is the first thing in the path. What I notice
> > that the sqlplus shell script is not getting executed at all, the system
> > executing the SQLPLUS.EXE program which is found later on in the path.
Cygwin *used* to do this. (The current Net release doesn't. I don't recall
when it was fixed.)
What version are you running?
National Institute for Water and Atmospheric Research
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple