This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: termcap/terminfo for cygwin console
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: termcap/terminfo for cygwin console
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 20:13:02 -0400
- References: <20010501015407.77E8.GAUTIER@email.enst.fr>
- Reply-To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, May 01, 2001 at 02:00:50AM +0200, Fabrice Gautier wrote:
>I'm often using cygwin and bash to telnet to linux or Sun stations.
>I often get some terminal capabilities related problems (using less or
>vi for example).
>I tried to set TERM=vt100 or TERM=linux but this was not a lot better.
>Is ther any terminfo or termcap files availabale for cygwin terminal? or
>which "standard" termianl type shoudl i choose for maximum compatibility?
Both terminfo and termcap files are in the standard cygwin release.
will display the cygwin settings.
And editor should uncover the cygwin settings in /etc/termcap .
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple