From: "John Engquist" <jengquist@broadjump.com>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2001 3:40 PM
Subject: /cygdrive/c -- question

I'm interested in knowing how I can get rid off
"/cygdrive/c/blah/blah/blah" when executing 'pwd'?  I used to call other
binaries via "/tools/example.exe" from with bash.  But, now "/tools"
doesn't exist since /cygdrive is the root of /.  I had been using a
previous release of bash (2.04) which was working fine.    I installed
this via a very nice self-extracting executable which layed down all of
my neccessary "unix-like" commands.  I have recently downloaded the
Cygwin DLL 1.1.8 release via the web and got the "install from internet"
experience.  Now BASH refers to itself as 2.05 and prepends /cygdrive/c
to everything.  How do I get rid of this?  Better yet, is there a nice
"updated" bash version in a self-extracting executable somewhere?