console problem after loading JNI library

Hi,

I am facing a problem printing stuff to the console from the Java Code
(using System.out.println) after loading a JNI DLL that uses Cygwin.
Anything I print before loading of the dll works. So does anything
printed from the Native code. I noticed(from the mailing lists) that
several others also faced the same problem. Please let me know how to
solve this problem. I tried doing a

set CYGWIN=notty

as specified in some of the mails. But this did not seem to work (even
after closing all cygwin applications to ensure that the cygwin.dll is
not used).

I am trying to run from the Windows Command Prompt.

Please give me a solution.

Thanx in advance.
Sacheen.