Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: bash-2.05-4

On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 08:08:48PM +0200, Frank-Michael Moser wrote:
> I just saw, that it is no question of being *.exe, script or builtin.
> Here is a listing of my bin directory and you see cvsrelease as
> executable:
>
> moser@FMM ~/bin
> $ l
> total 19
> -rwx------   1 544      Kein           37 Apr 10 15:13 beep*
> -rwx------   1 544      Kein          859 Apr 10 15:13 completejava*
> -rwx------   1 544      Kein          241 Apr 10 15:13 contains*
> -rwx------   1 544      Kein          215 Apr 17 15:55 cvs-status*
> -rwx------   1 544      Kein          666 Apr 17 19:28 cvsrelease*
> -rwx------   1 544      Kein          760 Apr 10 15:13 jai*
> -rwx------   1 544      Kein          504 Apr 25 22:42 jedit*
>
> Here is the output of cvs<TAB>
>
> moser@FMM ~/bin
> $ cvs
> cvs-status  cvs.exe     cvsedit     cvsunlock
>
> Looks strange...?!
>
> Typing ./cvs<TAB> then gives a completion:
>
> moser@FMM ~/bin
> $ ./cvs-status
>
> Only command completion suffers, file completion works,
> cat "cvs<TAB>" gives:
>
> moser@FMM ~/bin
> $ cat cvs
> cvs-status  cvsrelease
>
> Both scripts start with #!/bin/bash
>
> What a kind of user-problem should this be ?

The reason is probably that you are neither the owner of the files
nor is the x bit set for group or everyone. Change that by calling
chmod 755 or chown <yourName> for the files, call `hash -r' and try
completion again.

I just checked that by changing the permissions of my `kssh' script
so that I have no execute permissions.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.