Re: problems with mulitple cygwin installation

    Ralf> Hi for testing purpose I like to habe multiple cygwin
    Ralf> installation and only the last installation works, because
    Ralf> of the mount points are stored (and overwritten) in the
    Ralf> registry.

    Ralf> Does anyone know a workaround for that ?

Of the top of my head, I'd try the following procedure:

1. Pipe the output of the 'mount' command through awk or sed to
generate a batch file that captures the mount points for the currently
running installation instance.

2.  Save a separate mounts batch file for each installation, and
create a separate copy of the cygwin.bat file for each installation
instance (e.g., cygwin1.bat, cygwin2.bat, etc.)

3.  Each of these cygwin*.bat batch files would call the correct
mounts batch file before running the bash shell.

Try this out and see it if works for you.

--
Dario Alcocer -- Sr. Software Developer, Helix Digital Inc.
alcocer@helixdigital.com -- http://www.helixdigital.com