Storing a release/installation of Cygwin in a configuration management system

It's very nice that Cygwin is constantly being improved.  You know that
every time you run "setup", you'll probably install some sort of
improvement.  However, when you start to think about maintaining a
"reproducible" development environment, you come to the conclusion that you
need to store a "snapshot" of the system, so new engineers can install
exactly the version of the development/build system that is supported.

What sort of things can I do to facilitate this?  I'd still like the ability
to update the "stored version" when I know there are changes I need, but in
general, I'd like the entire install package to be stored on our servers.

I guess there are options in "setup" for "install from local network" or
something like that.  It's possible that could be a part of the solution.