Re: Can rxvt-2.7.2-1 user other icons ?

Travis,

I'm unfamiliar with the details of what differs between Windows NT and 2K
and their "consumer" counterparts, but in the "professional" OSes shortcuts
can bear custom icons overriding the default taken from the target of the
shortcut (view the "Shortcut" tab of the properties window for a shortcut;
it's near the bottom). An icon set in this manner will appear in the
taskbar when that shortcut is used to launch the program. Shortcuts also
have the extremely valuable ability to invoke a command with arguments and
options, start in a particular current directory and lots of other handy
features to control the program launched by the shortcut.

As I said, I only know these features to be available in Windows NT4 and
NT5 (2K). If Windows ME doesn't have them, I don't know how to achieve what
you're looking for.

Good luck.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA