Re: Linking with MAPI problems

--- "Peschier, J. (r&d)" <Jeroen.peschier@soz.pinkroccade.nl> wrote: >
> Hi!
>
> I am having problem linking with the mapi library:
>
> gcc -c MailTest.c
> gcc -o test.exe MailTest.o -lmapi32
> MailTest.o(.text+0x3f):MailTest.c: undefined reference to
> `MAPISendMail@20'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [test.exe] Error 1
>
> I've checked that the mapi.h headerfile provided by Cygwin provides a
> prototype for MAPISendMail. According to the FAQ linking this way to
> the
> mapi library should work.

For some reason, that function name is not in the import lib for
mapi32.dll.    There may be a good reason for that or it may be an
oversight.  In the event, that is why you got the undefined reference.

An immediate solution is to load  mapi.dll at runtime (LoadLibrary)
and use  GetProcAddress function to get the entry point

Danny

The code I'm trying to compile is below: