Re: FYI: cygwin-1.3.2-1 self-test results

On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 01:45:19PM -0500, steve.snyder@philips.com wrote:
> Hello.
>
> In case anyone tracks these things, this is what I get from running the
> cygwin-1.3.2-1 self-test:
>
>                     === winsup Summary ===
>
>     # of expected passes            84
>     # of unexpected failures        1
>     # of expected failures          17
>
> The single unexpected failure was:
>
>     ltp/access01.c: child process exited abnormally
>     FAIL: ltp/access01.c (execute)

which let me think you're using NTFS but not CYGWIN=ntsec.
In that case the unexpected failure is an "expected" unexpected
failure. Reason:

The inability to set the x mode bit when using NT security (ntsec) is OFF.

The testsuite doesn't know about the differences of the various Windows
OSes. It expects the best it can get (NT4/W2K, NTFS, CYGWIN=ntsec). If
some of these points don't match, some tests fail which are not expected
to fail in the optimal case. These are then reported as unexpected.
However, you'll have to be aware of the different restrictions under
varying conditions.

The count of "expected" unexpected failures varies from 0 (NT4/W2K, NTFS,
CYGWIN=ntsec) to 7 (all 9x systems).

If you mail testresults it's better to always send the following:

- The system (95/98/ME/NT4/W2K)
- The drive type used for the testdir (NTFS/FAT/FAT32/SAMBA)
- The CYGWIN setting.

Anyway, thanks for worrying about that,
Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.