RE: some newbie questions about the c++ libraries included in Cygwin...

hello mate,

i think you need to look at the gcc mailing list for this type of questions.
at any rate,
the library you want to use is called ncurses and you should have a man page
/ howto for it on any
linux distribution. it is not the easiest thing to learn, and you'll
probably have to interface to it via c,
which if anything will confuse you more.

if you really want to learn c++ using gcc i strongly advise you to find a
standards compliant
book; IMHO any book that suits only one compiler cannot be a good book. to
get a few ideas for books
make a search in the archives of the usenet c++ newsgroup (you can get to it
from www.dejanews.com).

hope it helps,

soup