Re: ntsec or not ? [Was: Default user accounts ?]

From: Corinna Vinschen <cygwin@cygwin.com>
>ntsec is useless with FAT, except if you want to use different accounts.
>However, I don't understand the decision to use FAT. NTFS is more
>reliable and faster. On big partitions you're losing disk space using FAT
>due to the big blocksize.

It was not my choice, but our administrator's :-) . I Guess it was simpler
to manage in a mixed Win95/WinNT environment. Moreover, I was quite happy
with FAT, since NTFS support of Linux (which is also installed on the PC)
was until recently not fully reliable.

> > Also: I try to rlogin from cygwin to a remote Unix machine. I've added
>an
> > entry in the .rhost file of the remote machine:
> > <name of the PC-cygwin> <my cygwin username>
> > but I'm still prompted with the password. Is it also an ntsec issue ?
>
>No, the permissions of your .rhosts file have to be 0600.

it _is_ 0600 (and it works fine when I try to rlogin from machines other
than cygwin...)

Pierre