Re: cygwin mount points

Hi Christopher...

Thanks for the pointer.

>Nevermind. I know. I'm being mean.

No, I don't think you are! And I apologize for the inconvenience.

You have a legitimate issue of where your limited cygwin time is best
spent...doing new stuff for us swarms...or taking of us swarms.

I do try to look before asking. But my mistake is "I looked in the FAQ a
ways back and..." and I don't remember seeing it back then. But I wasn't
looking for that tidbit back then, so maybe I saw it and it didn't stick. I
missed this in an obviuos place. I need to make it a habbit to check the
"obvious" places more often.

The cygwin environment is still a steep learning curve for me right now. It
would be much easier to just be a user, but I'm trying to absorb enough to
be more helpful. I help out where I can...learning to debug in the cygwin
environment and providing patches to the things I have found so far. For
example, I still hope to resolve my problem with cygrunsrv (sometimes)
failing to start up on just one of my win2k boxes (without just going back
to srvany) but I haven't made it very deep into the cygwin1.dll source code
and initialization process.

So if in the future, I frustrate you and you bite my head off...Please
return it unopened in a plain brown wrapper...I may yet open it and find a
use for it.

For others...there is cool stuf in the FAQ the second or third time around.
;-)

I hope that this e-mail provides some remediation in the form of
entertainment. I enjoyed writing it.

Again, Thanks for your time and for all the work you do on cygwin.

...Karl