Time taken to do task

Hi all,

Apologies if this is off topic, but I'd like to know if there's a (cygwin
port or not) tool which can report how long something took to do.  For
example:

$ timefor echo blah blah blah

where 'timefor' would report how long the echo (trivial example) took to
run.

If this is available and not yet ported to run under cygwin I'd be willing
to look at doing the port...

Thanks,

John.

of this email.