Re: information

At 12:30 PM 6/25/2001, doursal@meloo.com wrote:
>  Hi,
>
>  I followed your suggestions but did not work either.
>  The error message is:
>
>  Compiling...
>HDTmain.c
>  Linking...
>Linking...
>HM414.lib(xdrposix.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
>_ntohl@4
>HM414.lib(xdrposix.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
>_htonl@4
>Debug/HDTMain.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
>Error executing link.exe.
>
>HDTMain.exe - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)
>
>          Later I used "debug multi-threaded" switch instead of "debug
>
>  multi-threaded dll" the errors were gone, but I still got "One or
>more
>  breakpoints can not be set and have been removed..." message dialog
>box.
>
>          I tried almost all compile/debug swtich combinations and all
>failed.
>  Need your advice!!! I am using VC/6.0 student version.Wint 4.0,
>
>  Thank you very much.

May I suggest that if you're going to send email to this list suggesting
that you followed some information that you got from this list or from
the Cygwin web site that you reference it specifically.  It's impossible
to determine what the context of your message is given the vague
reference and without the context, your inquiry is unclear at best.

If you're using VC++, I'm also at a loss as to how the task you're
undertaking relates to Cygwin, which promotes gcc/g++.  Perhaps you're
better off taking your queries to a forum that addresses VC++?

Just a thought.