Re: gdb run < file

I'm sorry but I don't think that this is the correct way to deal with
this.  I think that gdb normally handles things like redirection and
globbing by starting inferior processes via the user's shell.  Then it
uses some kind of "follow fork" method to notice when the process is
finally started.

It just occurred to me that Windows has the capability (check out the
CreateProcess call) to do this so I think it makes sense to use gdb's
standard method for dealing with this problem.

I don't have any specific pointers since I'm not familiar with the code
in question, but I've Cc'ed the gdb mailing list in case someone can
offer advice.

I should point out that you'll need to have an assignment on file with
the FSF for your changes to be officially incorporated into gdb.

I've Cc'ed the person responsible for gdb assignments in this email.

cgf