Undead hard link

I inadvertantly made a hard link to emacs about an hour ago, and now it
refuses to die. ln -f doesn't work, rm doesn't work, windows delete
doesn't work. And there's no unlink anywhere in sight. I'm running
cygwin under W2K on an NTFS partition. I had thought that the problem
might be the file access settings, but access rights (under cygwin) are
showing up as rwx for owner which would be me. Windows permissions list
rwx for "Everyone". The link is named "edit" and it points to
"/bin/emacs-20.7/bin/emacs.exe". I've tried:

rm edit
rm: cannot unlink `emacs.exe': Permission denied

ln -f /bin/emacs-20.7/bin/emacs.exe edit
rm: cannot unlink `emacs.exe': Permission denied

and just about every other command I could think of. Any help would be
GREATLY appreciated.

p.s. Might as well toss this one in there as well. The whole reason I
got into this mess was from trying to make a symlink to emacs so I can
run it in the cygwin term window. emacs -nw works, but it forces the
emacs window size to be equal to the size of the terminal window buffer
(80 lines) while the window stays at only 25 lines. Any way to force
emacs to start with an n line display?