Re: Java Runtime.exec()

Sachin,

If that's literally the code you're executing, the most obvious problem is
the argument to rt.exec(...). If those quotation marks are in there, get
rid of them, turning a string literal into a variable reference, which is
certainly what you intended.

And you'll be on to your next problem. I think you'd be better of not
assuming anything about the working directory of a Java program, since it's
not a defined aspect of the Java Runtime Environment. It would probably be
better to set the PATH environment (also not specified, but it will work on
any system where Runtime.exec(...) will work) to include the directory
(-ies) that contain commands you need to execute.

Lastly, keep in mind that there is no Cygwin-enabled JVM, so CLASSPATH and
file name and command syntax, etc. will have to be Windows native, not
Cygwin style.

Randall Schulz