Re: Cygwin and >4GB file support

On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 11:09:09AM +0200, Kai-Uwe Rommel wrote:
> Are there plans to change Cygwin to support 64-bit file sizes in the
> C runtime library?
>
> This would require changing off_t to "long long" and using the
> appropriate Win32 API functions to support this.
>
> Kai Uwe Rommel

There are no plans to do that. That wouldn't only require a change
of off_t but many careful changes in Cygwin and newlib to not break
backwards compatibility. Intermediate steps like off64_t stuff etc.
are neccessary.

No plans means: Nobody at RH is working on that or is scheduled to
work on that or is planned to be scheduled to work on that at a
later time.

If people volunteer to add that (like people added that to Linux) we
would of course support that. And help in our spare time. And be happy.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.