Re: Error on compilation

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 08:42:50AM +0200, Chris Wenk wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I tried to compile several programs ported from a suse linux box.
> Some compilation works but then I have also a lot of programs with
> following error message:
>
> sizeof applied to an incomplete type
> dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
>
> Does anybody know what I have to change ?
>
> my compilation is as follow:  gcc -o test.exe test.c
>
> the errors first appears at following statement (see ==>):
>
> unsigned char *packet;
> struct iphdr *ip;
> struct icmphdr *icmp;
>
> ==> packet = (unsigned char *)malloc(sizeof(struct iphdr) +
>                                                              sizeof(struct
> icmphdr) + 8);

The ip related headers aren't complete. Many definitions available
under Linux are missing.

We would gladly appreciate if somebody would create header files
for Cygwin containing these definitions. The problem is that we
can't simply copy the Linux headers due to licensing restrictions.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.