Re: CYGWIN1.DLL

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 02:21:01PM +0200, Jnb ZI / Chris Wenk wrote:
> Hi there
>
> Is it possible to bind the runtime into the executable program instead
> of having CYGWIN1.DLL in the Windows folder.
> If yes, how ?

No, it's not possible and please don't copy the Cygwin DLL into the
Windows folder. Just let it where it should be, in the <cygwin root>/
bin folder. You will avoid much trouble with your installation.

However, sometimes I'm wondering why people want to do this and
then I'm feeling forced to point to the licensing terms of Cygwin:

http://cygwin.com/licensing.html

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.