Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygrunsrv-0.94-1

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 03:11:42PM -0400, Jason Tishler wrote:
> I appear to have empirical evidence that indicates that PostgreSQL
> can tolerate receiving SIGTERM and/or SIGINT during an NT shutdown.
> Note that this seems to
> indicate that a Fast Shutdown can interrupt and supersede a Smart one.
> Message [4] indicates that PostgreSQL was able to restart without any
> manual intervention.

Excellent!  Your experimental results trump my hunch, big time.

> Should I submit the attached patch (with ChangeLog) to cygwin-patches
> for consideration?

Yes, please.  This patch would seem to provide the last piece needed
(along with cygrunsrv) to make PostgreSQL robust as an NT/Win2000
service.  And with no changes whatsoever to PostgreSQL code -- bonus!

--
Fred Yankowski           fred@OntoSys.com      tel: +1.630.879.1312
Principal Consultant     www.OntoSys.com       fax: +1.630.879.1370