This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygrunsrv and .bat files ??
- To: Glenn Mabbutt <morebeans at hotmail dot com>
- Subject: Re: cygrunsrv and .bat files ??
- From: fred at ontosys dot com
- Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 14:55:50 -0500
- Cc: cygwin at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <F200u2iDL6e5f6WVY5j0000c030@hotmail.com>
cygrunsrv executes the controlled program via the execv() system call,
which (AFAIK) doesn't understand win32 batch files. You might try
configuring your service to run cmd.exe as the program and give it the
name of your batch file as an argument, so that cygrunsrv executes
cmd.exe which then runs the batch file.
On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 02:37:36PM -0500, Glenn Mabbutt wrote:
> Hi. I've got a 2 line batch file that I'm trying to run as a service on
> NT/2000 (starts a secure tunnel client which spawns vncviewer in listen
> mode, then kills vncviewer process after secure tunnel client exits).
Fred Yankowski fred@OntoSys.com tel: +1.630.879.1312
Principal Consultant www.OntoSys.com fax: +1.630.879.1370
OntoSys, Inc 38W242 Deerpath Rd, Batavia, IL 60510, USA
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html