This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Re: Building GCC from Sources
- To: dianj at OCF dot Berkeley dot EDU <dianj at OCF dot Berkeley dot EDU>
- Subject: Re: Re: Building GCC from Sources
- From: "Deepak Shekhar" <dipaktc at rediffmail dot com>
- Date: 2 Aug 2001 13:18:46 -0000
- CC: cygwin at cygwin dot com <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Actually the source versions of binutils and gcc that i am building are binutils-20010425-2 and gcc-2.95.3-4.
I want to build both binutils and gcc.
i have created links for binutils,gas,ld,gprof,bfd and opcodes in the main directory of gcc.
While configuring opcodes i get the following mesage and the configuation stops
ltconfig: unrecognized option `--build=i586-pc-cygwin32'
Try `ltconfig --help' for more information.
configure: error: libtool configure failed
Configure in /home/Deepak/build2/opcodes failed, exiting.
Can u help me out in this
thanks in advance
------------- Original Message --------------
Date:Wed, 1 Aug 2001 12:36:46 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Building GCC from Sources
If the failure is "gencode" complaining about "unknown rtx code..." then
it's caused by not handling DOS CR LF property. This can be fixed by
doing one of the following:
* apply the patch
* mount the directory the sources are under in textmode
* convert the file gcc-3.0/gcc/config/i386/i386.md to use Unix newlines
* unpack the sources with Cygwin tar (the extra CR's that caused the
build to fail are added by programs such as WinZip)
then build it according to the instructions
I don't have any other problems building the GCC 3.0 release for C/C++.
By the way, the plateform-specific installation notes says
> Current (as of early 2001) snapshots of GCC will build under Cygwin
> without modification.
that seems to imply that 2.95.x might not work.
For Rs. 2,000,000 worth of Aptech scholarships click below
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html