This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: building Python extension modules - crash on import
- To: Peter Bienstman <Peter dot Bienstman at rug dot ac dot be>
- Subject: Re: building Python extension modules - crash on import
- From: Jason Tishler <jason at tishler dot net>
- Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 13:51:53 -0400
- Cc: nhv at cape dot com, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Organization: Dot Hill Systems Corp.
On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 05:01:41PM +0200, Peter Bienstman wrote:
> > Try the attached Makefiles
I knew that Norman would swoop down and save the day!
> Wow, that worked! It's the USE_DL_IMPORT macro that clinched it. I got off
> on the wrong foot by using the gcc_linux makefile in the Boost directory,
> rather than the more general gcc makefile.
BTW, the USE_DL_IMPORT macro, etc. is set automatically if the Cygwin
Python extension is built via the Distutils or Misc/Makefile.pre.in
method. My recommendation is to try to use Distutils, if possible,
when building Python extensions.
Director, Software Engineering Phone: 732.264.8770 x235
Dot Hill Systems Corp. Fax: 732.264.8798
82 Bethany Road, Suite 7 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hazlet, NJ 07730 USA WWW: http://www.dothill.com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html