Re: chroot bug

On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 06:51:25PM -0400, Noel L Yap wrote:

>>>Yes, I get this from the latest snapshot (I'm assuming that running the latest
>>>setup.exe will get me the latest snapshot?).
>>

>>No, snapshots are different than the net release.  See
>>http://www.cygwin.com/snapshots/  These are the current development
>>builds representing the road to the next release.  If its broken here,
>>it will be broken in the next release without additional attention.
>
>I installed the latest snapshot of cygwin1.dll over my current cygwin1.dll.
>"chroot /" still produces an error saying that "/bin/bash" isn't found.  Did I
>test this right?  Should I have rebooted?  Where can I get the tarballed source
>for chroot?  What else can I do to track this down?

If there are problems they would be in cygwin, not in the chroot program.  This
is evidenced by the fact that you claim that things work better in 1.3.1 over
1.3.2.  I doubt that chroot changed during that period.

Check out the cygwin web site for information on how to get the cygwin sources.

Or, wait for the next snapshot.  I believe that I've fixed the problem.

cgf