This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
create a "real" windows shortcut ??
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Subject: create a "real" windows shortcut ??
- From: George Planansky <george_planansky at harvard dot edu>
- Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 03:26:30 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-to: george_planansky at harvard dot edu
How to create a windows shortcut to a file,
E.g., I'd like to create a
desktop shortcut to a /usr/local/bin/backup.bat file,
1. when clicked on by the user on the desktop,
will run /usr/local/bin/backup.bat .
2. will open /usr/local/bin/backup.bat in wordpad,
so the user can edit that file.
using ln -s ..., I can get (1) but not (2) to work.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html