This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Lynx : unable to connect to remote host --error -possible fix
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Subject: Re: Lynx : unable to connect to remote host --error -possible fix
- From: "Dr. Aleksandrs Mihailovs" <mihailovs at email dot msn dot com>
- Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 01:31:42 -0400
- Reply-To: <Alec at Mihailovs dot com>
I have the same problem with Lynx - unable to connect to remote hosts.
All the other networking programs, such as ftp, telnet, and wget work OK.
Lynx opens local files without problems, but can't connect to any remote
hosts, either http, or ftp, or others, except my localhosts,
http://127.0.0.1 and http://localhost/ etc. Also, I sent an email from it
to myself, and everything looked OK, but I didn't receive it.
Very probably, Saurabh Gupta is right, and the problem is in too small
timeout value. It seems as though it is impossible to change it without
rebuilding the program.
http://lynx.isc.org/release/ has Lynx version 2.8.4.
Did somebody try to configure it and make for Cygwin?
I hope that the timeout issue is fixed there...
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html